- Contact Us
For over 30 years Swift Credit Services Limited has served government, local authorities, the legal profession, financial institutions and commerce. Since its creation, Swift has gained a reputation for being innovative, reliable and highly responsive to clients` needs.
As a family owned business Swift is a firm believer in and promoter of traditional values such as professionalism, quality of service, value for money and personal service and understands our business impact on the environment.
1. Compliance with relevant environmental legislation
We are committed to complying with all relevant environmental legislation.
2. Pollution prevention
We are committed to preventing pollution by:
- Cutting emissions of CO2 by the installation of Satellite Navigation into our vehicles coupled with postcode sorting of work, which reduces travelling time and mileage use.
- The use of Personal Digital Assistance allowing Bailiffs to complete a report sheet electronically thereby reducing the use of paper.
- The use of mini printers allowing Bailiffs to print warrants when needed.
- This reduces the amount of paper as the Bailiff does not have to carry a paper version of each warrant on the caseload.
- Sending printer cartridges for recycling.
3. Waste management
We are committed to the promotion of the elimination of waste by:
- Purchasing recycled paper, toilet rolls and kitchen rolls.
- Duplexing Documents.
- Recycling faxes and photocopying paper.
- Using a DIP system for storing information. Documents can be e-mailed to clients upon request instead of sending paper documentation.
- Switching off all lights, computers and computer screens at the close of business.
- Using screen savers on the computers.
- Using energy saving light bulbs.
- Purchasing energy saving appliances.
- Using energy saving heating system.
- Switching off heaters over the weekends and bank holidays.
- Recycling general waste (milk bottles, water bottles, cans, etc.)
4. Energy efficiency
We are committed to energy efficiency.
- Swift uses cars with small engines (1.3 litre Diesel Vauxhall Corsa cars)
- Every six months Swift monitors the electricity and gas usage in the offices.
- Swift’s buildings are well insulated.
- Swift’s Bailiffs use Satellite Navigation - to find the quickest and most economical route.
- Purchasing recycled paper, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls
- Purchasing recycled printer cartridges
- Purchasing from companies who have an Environmental Policy
6. Communication of the Policy to staff
Swift’s Environmental Policy is copied to every member of staff by including it in our Company Handbook and it is posted on our internal website.
7. Identification of the senior position with overall responsibility for the policy and its effective implementation
Michelle Davies is the appointed member of staff within Swift, who has the overall responsibility for all environmental issues and the implementation of the policy within the company.
8. Regular review of the Policy
Regular reviews are held every 6 months between Michelle Davies and the Managing Director Huw Lloyd-Lewis to discuss environmental issues and their impact on everyday office life.
The use of small diesel engines in our company cars is one of the ways Swift tries to reduce the pollution rate. Satellite Navigation Software is fitted to every company vehicle, which reduces the travelling time and mileage which subsequently reduces the CO2 emission.
Staff meetings are planned in advance to ensure that one vehicle is used for transporting members of staff to meetings.
Senior members of staff use telephone conferences on regular basis to reduce travelling where possible.
The use of public transport, for staff travelling on business, is always considered as an option.
10. Examples of environment objectives
Swift will be looking in the foreseeable future to set overall goals for environmental performance and targets (time frame set to achieve the objectives) which will be monitored.
11. Training in the promotion of sustainable development to raise environmental awareness and enable staff to act in an environmentally responsible manner
Management and staff meetings are held with Michelle Davies on a quarterly basis to ensure awareness of environmental matters within the Company are communicated to all members of staff.